Healthcare Solutions simplifies the complexities of healthcare cover.
We are independent consultants who understand the healthcare and corporate wellness environment extremely well.
We take the time to get to know your needs – and then give you the best advice and explain the most appropriate healthcare solution for you and your dependents.
We also focus on corporate wellness, and on providing healthcare cover to employees from every walk of life – especially those who may not have had the advantage of healthcare cover before. We provide a number of services such as Strategic Health Care Consulting; Advice on Medical Scheme Subsidies; Annual Industry Medical Scheme Reviews; Corporate Wellness; and Short/Long Term Insurance solutions.
We hold contracts with a number of industry-leading medical schemes. Being independent allows us to advise on a number of different medical schemes and medical insurance and short-term healthcare options – and because we have insight and knowledge about all the products available, we can advise and tailor the right solution for your particular needs.
Every business client is assigned a Corporate Account Manager and an Administrator to provide assistance to client contact persons and members – and we take pride in the high level of reporting provided to our clients. Up to three times a year, we make management visits to provide advice on a macro-industry level and on an annual basis, we evaluate and select the most appropriate healthcare providers and administrators to meet your needs.
Our Wellness Centre
Click on the following link to make a booking at our Wellness Centre, for any of the tests mentioned below: Book Me.
We will not accept any walk-in appointments without a prior appointment.
- A Vitality Health Check
- HIV counselling and testing
- A Vitality Nutrition Consultation
- A Vitality Fitness Assessment
- Health Checks and assessments can be done at these centres, by appointment only.
- Appointment days and times are based on capacity and on a first come, first serve basis.
- Family bookings can be made, preferably a maximum of two people for each session.
- Any client who doesn’t cancel an appointment at least 24 hours before the start of the appointment will have to pay the full assessment fee for all assessments missed.
- Anyone can visit the centres to do any of the assessments available. Non-members will need to pay for all assessments upfront.
Health Check includes :
- Blood pressure test.
- Blood glucose test.
- Cholesterol test.
- Weight assessment.
- HIV test.
- Nutrition Consultation.
- Fitness Assessment.
What can clients expect from their assessment?
What to expect
- A questionnaire that the biokineticists will complete with your client to find out more about their diet, exercise and lifestyle habits.
- Height, weight, waist circumference, body fat percentage and blood pressure will be taken.
- A timed treadmill or stationary bike and heart rate assessment, step test, abdominal crunches, push-ups, straight leg raise and sit-and-reach test, will be done.
- Physical measurements including height, body weight and waist circumference.
- A series of questions relating to their nutritional habits as well as their health profile such as medical history, family history, use of medication, blood biochemistry, dietary habits and other lifestyle factors such as physical activity, smoking, etc.
Healthcare Solutions offers cover for:
A medical scheme helps you to pay for your healthcare needs, both in and out of hospital, such as doctors consultations, medication, dental work, nursing, surgery and hospital accommodation.
A medical scheme is managed by a board of trustees who is elected by the schemes’ members. They are responsible for managing the scheme to the benefit of its members.
There are many advantages to belonging to a medical scheme.
It financially protects you if you suddenly have to pay large, unexpected medical costs.
If you have a medical scheme, you can be rest assured that there will be no long delays in your medical treatment because you don’t have funds to pay for it.
Being a member of a scheme also means you have access to private medical care, instead of having to rely on public health services.
The Service Providers we use are:
- Bonitas/Liberty Health | Discovery Health | Fedhealth | KeyHealth | Medihelp | Momentum Health | Resolution | Sizwe | Universal | Compcare
Did you know that when you are admitted to hospital for an approved admission you are not guaranteed that all claims will be covered by your chosen Medical Scheme’s health plan? There is no legislation that dictates what Service Providers may charge and therefore if they do not have a Payment Agreement with the Medical Scheme and choose to charge a higher rate,then the shortfall will be for the members’ account.
Gap Cover is a Short Term Insurance product that will assist you with shortfalls during approved hospital admissions. Depending on your chosen level of cover it may further assist you with co-payments in – and out of hospital.
We support the following Gap Cover providers:
Ambledown | Health & Accident | Stratum Benefits | Xelus | African Unity / Zest Life
International Medical Aids
Members who join an International Medical Aid will have access to a worldwide network of hospital and medical providers.
We make use of three providers:
BUPA | Oraclemed | AETNA
Affordability is a major issue for members belonging to a medical scheme. This lack of affordability prevents low-income groups from joining medical schemes. Currently approximately 7.9 million lives are covered by private medical schemes and more than 40 million people rely on public healthcare.
Low-income earners faced with “total cost-to-company” remuneration packages have consequently been forced to make trade-offs between healthcare cover and other consumption priorities.
We understand the importance of private medical cover for basic healthcare needs and therefore partnered with the following Providers for our employer groups:
- Discovery Health | Kaelo Xelus | OCSA | One Plan | Unity Health | Universal
A healthy workforce is a more productive workforce. Between 70 to 90 percent of health care spending is caused by preventable, modifiable health risks. Unhealthy lifestyle choices often lead to chronic diseases. There are many different types of wellness programs. The essence of these programs is to encourage individuals to take preventive measures to avert the onset or worsening of an illness or disease and to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
As healthcare costs continue to rise, it makes sense that addressing the specific needs of an employee population and maximizing the engagement and participation of workplace wellness programs is critical.
Employers have a tremendous opportunity to help their employees see the value of adopting healthier behaviours so that they can live healthier lives.
We make use of the following Wellness Providers:
- ICAS | Kaelo | Reality
Occupational Health is the promotion and maintenance of the highest degree of physical, mental and social well-being of employees in all occupations by preventing departures from health, controlling risks and the adaptation of work to people, and people to their jobs.
We make use of the following providers:
- OSCSA | Kealo | Xelus | Universal
Don’t Call Us. We’ll Call You.
Request a callback or make an enquiry via e-mail by leaving your details – and we’ll get hold of you.